Sunday, March 17, 2013

Who needs cake? I have a SPOON!

Day 8! I am trucking right along in my 30 days of pins, Today's pin....Homemade chocolate buttercream frosting (yeah, its as good as it sounds!!) The frosting was simple to make and tastes amazing....like a melted chocolate bar on your cupcake!
**please excuse my rough frosting skills, my tip is MIA**
I added a chocolate drizzle and hersheys square to disguise that!!
 
Anyway...here is the recipe, a pinterest KEEPER!!
 
1 cup unsalted butter, room temp (NOT melted)
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
4 Hersheys milk chocolate bars (chopped and melted)
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
 1.) Cream together your butter and sugar. 2.) Add heavy cream and vanilla 3..) Add melted chocolate (needs to be cooled to room temp. but still liquid, this will make sence while you are making it!) 4.) once it is well mixed, spread/pipe and enjoy!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment