Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 15!! HALF WAY!

Half way through my pinning adventure! For todays I decided to try homeade modge podge (I do have/use the real thing) But..I htough making it might save me a mney if it really works as well as the pin says and guess what?? IT DOES!! :) I used this recipie:

MODGE PODGE:
-1 1/2 Cup Flour
-1/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar
-1 Tsp Oil (any kind)
-1 1/4 Cup Water
- Empty Jar (w/air tight lid)

- Slowly mix all the ingredients together over low heat.
 Combine the ingredients until they are well mixed, if it gets too thick add more water. Make sure the water doesn't boil, or the mixture will get very clumpy. If you want a higher varnish, add more oil.
-Pour mixture into jar (with lid) and store at room tempurature.

I used this for a puzlze Jeremy put together. (Started with the back to test it) Its not quite as shiney as my real modge podge (maybe I should have added more oil?) but..It did the trick..here is the puzzle all glued together, I just need to grab  alarge frame so we can hang it up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment