Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Operation..SHHHH!!

Ok, so my princess is just over a year, the age where she is finding her voice and loves to communicate (she says hi, more, Momma, Dada, and Nay Nay (night night)) however she has no concept of what's socially appropriate...for example, yelling "HI" and waving her hand off to everyone that passes her in the grocery store...go for it. Standing on the pew and yelling hi to the person behind us in church during the sermon....not so much. So, I set out to make her something to keep her busy during those SHHHH moments, you know the ones I mean, where everyone is looking at you, and even your whisper has an echo. Our church does have a nursery, but....she is not so fond of going there and...I just cant seem to bring myself to force it yet. After making this I think its extremely CUTE...but well beyond her years, but I think she will like to at least look at it for now..and if it buys us 10 minutes of quiet, it will be well worth the time and effort.
 
I made her a "quiet book" a book full of fine motor activities made from mostly felt. I plan on making 3 hole punches in them and placing them into a 3 ring binder, this way I can add to the book often because I have SOOO many ideas, plus adding to it will make it new each time she sees it. I cant be certain it will keep HER quiet, but it kept me quiet while I worked on it! Here are the pages I have done so far!

"Ice Cream Shoppe" page, 3 scoops that are removable, and a place to store them!
                                                                             
"Pick the Apples" removable apples to place in a basket...complete with a tire swing!
"Laundry Page" The door opens on the washer, and she can hang the clothes to dry!
And my personal favorite a barn! I love how this one turned out! The animals are finger puppets!
                                                                                                                                  
I plan on adding lots more pages to this as I have time (who am I kidding, I barely have time to go to the bathroom!) I will add when I do!


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment