Friday, November 23, 2012

ARE THOSE GLUTEN FREE?? YES.
 
As most of you know, my husband has ciliac disease, so I do my best to cook things that taste like food rather than cardboard or sand. I often leave the kitchen in a huff and claim that I will "never do that again" only to end up in the kitchen with a mound of gluten free products a few days later. I love to bake but I often fight with the flours and such. Yesterday, the gluten free apple pie I made was just a gritty sand like gunk. Today, I made something wonderful. I spent the afternoon banging and clanging...mixing and mashing and emerged with something fabulously simple. When is good my husband husband tasted them he said..."Are sure this is gluten free?" Thats his stamp of approval!!
 

Gluten Free Whoopie Pies (busy mamma version)

COOKIES:
1 box gluten free cake mix (8x8 pan size)  (any flavor can be used)
1/2 tub cool whip
1 egg
1/3 cup veg. oil
splash of vanilla

mix em up, drop onto cookie sheet. bake at 350 for about 10 min.

FROSTING:
1/2 tub marshmallow creme
1 tub vanilla frosting

***The cookie recipie was supposed to be: 1/2 tub cool whip, 1 egg, 1 cake mix..but they were dry. You could use a yellow cake mix and add pumpkin, or any other flavor combinations you like! I make peanut butter cookies this way.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment