Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pecan Pie!
 
Tonight after dinner my husband looked at me and asked "What's for dessert?" I gave him a few choices and he asked for pecan pie. I agreed...so here it is, Gluten-Free Pecan Pie. (worth every calorie!) (This recipie is from my Momma)
 
Preheat oven to 350, you can use a regular pie crust but we are Gluten-Free so I chose pamelas gluten free bread mix (1/2 bag and 2 sticks of butter)
 

After mixing this and the butter, I put it in my (greased) pie pan and begin to smooth it out. Like pizza dough, gluten free dough simply does NOT roll out. Save yourself the frustration and  pat it out! My rolling pin has not left the droor since my husband was diagnosed.


Once my pie dough is ready, I mix up the filling MAKE SURE AND PUT THE EGGS IN FIRST, beat them, THEN add your other ingedients other wise you will have chunks of scrambled egg in your pie..not yummy. I found this out the hard way.

FILLING:  4 eggs                              
                   1 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
                   1 cup sugar                 
                   2 1/2 tblsp. butter
                   1/8 tsp. salt                    
                   1 tsp. vanilla
                   1 cup pecans
Spread the pecans in the bottom of the unbaked pie shell, then pour th ecustard filling over them. Some will float to the top, so you will have pecans all through your pie.
Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes. When you take it out, it will most likely still jiggle...stick a knife or toothpick 1/2 way between the center of the pie and the crust, if it comes out clean your pie is done. It may take up to an hour for the custard to set.
 
ENJOY! This is my husbands favorite dessert! He says it compares with his grandmothers...so it must be good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment