Thursday, May 2, 2013

She's almost ONE?

Good Grief!! I have been so busy (I started baby-sitting a 3 month old) having two little ones is pure, wonderful, chaos! BUT..I am back and here to show some of the things I have been working on! I started this 30 pins in 30 days and I am here to finish..it may not be 30 consecutive days...but I will do 30 pinterest projects!! I have 10 left and I have some ideas that I am excited to share!! So for today, I decided to show off some things I have been working on for my daughters 1st birthday, only 2 months away. I have been having a hard time with this, although I love nothing more than to watch her grow and explore (or destroy rather) the world around her (she has earned the name "Princess Hurricane") I wish that I could slow the process down. I was telling my husband about this and he brought to my attention that in the 10 months of her little life I have probably missed LESS than 24 hours!!  HE'S RIGHT! I have gotten to see everything I possibly could and you know what? I am just going to enjoy the ride! :)

Ok, enough personal things!! Here is her party so far!! The first thing was an idea found on pinterest (I saw the "tree" guest book, like this one)

and decided, Hey!! Her theme is cupcakes, I will have people add a "sprinkle" to her cupcake, I think this will be really cute for her scrapbook, and a great way for her to see all the people that love her! :)
 
The little fold-y card says "Thank-You for coming, please add one sprinkle to Adalyn's cupcake!"Jeremy and I will add ours early so guests understand what they are supposed to do.
I then decided to make her a couple banners, one for around the tray of her high chair, and another to hang somewhere. The first one was a free printable that I added scrapbook paper for a border/backing  and glued it on some ribbon to hang.
The second Banner was a free "frame" I found on a google search, I opened it in paint and printed each letter I needed (time consuming, but FREE) I backed these ones in scrapbook paper as well, punched holes in them and strung them on ribbon!
I also took plastic ware and wrapped it in cupcake theme napkins, secured with scrapbook paper and a smaller version of this frame that says "Adalyn's One" ..Also time consuming. Also FREE!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment