Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

These whoopee pies, blew my mind...its like a fall festival in your mouth!!

 
I will first, give you the recipe..and then the gluten free adaption...for all my Celiac lifers.
 
3 cups flour, 1T cinnamon, 1t baking soda, 1t baking powder, 1/2t salt, 1t nutmeg, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar, 1c vegetable oil, 2 eggs, 1 tea vanilla, 15 ounces pumpkin (I used the pumpkin pie mix...it was FABULOUS
 
FILLING: 1 8z cream cheese, 1 stick butter/margarine, 16 ounces powdered sugar, 1t vanilla, cinnamon to taste
 
 
GLUTEN FREE: I substituted the all purpose baking powder with "Pamelas Pancake and baking mix" and since the gluten free flour does not thicken quite as much as a wheat blend I added an extra 1/2 cup, and did NOT put ANY vegetable oil in.
 
Bake at 350 for 11 minutes, makes about 2 dozen whoopee pies
 
Enjoy!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment